Monday, September 20, 2010

Jolie's Birthday

Jolie had an awesome birthday party and I want to thank everyone who came or has sent her a card or gift. She has been so cute about her birthday this year. The fun for her started Friday. Pap-paw picked her and Josie up from Ms. Erica's around 2:00 p.m. They then went to our house to wait until Other Mama got off work. When she got off work they all went down to Build a Bear where both Jolie and Josie got to build Hello Kitty teddy bears. They then got to pick out clothes (including shoes) for their new Hello Kitties. After that they all went out to eat where the waitresses brought her a huge birthday dessert and sang for her. While they were out partying I had gone to my grandmothers where my grandmother, Aunt Pam, and I made rice krispie treats for Jolie's birthday party on Saturday. We made teddy bears, balloons, and even some Hello Kitty rice krispie treat pops. That evening Joe and I went and bought all the other things we needed for the party and her birthday presents.

Friday also happened to be the girl's last day at Ms. Erica's. She bought them gifts and gave them "Certificate's of Promotion" since they will both be going to "big girl school" soon.




Saturday morning Pap-paw came over to help and I do not know what I would have done without him. My feet and ankles have started swelling and so I am really trying to stay off my feet as much as possible. We got to the park and got our little pavillion decorated. Well, actually Daddy and Joe did most of the work. I did do some but both of them kept telling me to sit down and put my feet up. It was hot. Earlier in the week the weather channel said it was supposed to be 93, but their "forecast" kept going up during the week. I think it was 96 or 97, but the kids didn't seem to mind a bit. Notice how red all of their little faces are in the pictures, but they all had a blast playing on the playground. When they got thirsty they would come up for some water, lemonade, or a kool-aid jammer. After the party we went home and crashed. The girls were exhausted after playing so hard and not having a nap and my feet were really swollen. The girls were asleep by 7 or 7:30 and I spent the rest of the night in bed with my feet propped up.

Sunday morning we skipped church because we had a family function and I knew I would be overdoing myself if I tried to go to both church and the family get together. So I took my time making spinach dip and Paula Dean's broccoli casserole. Then we all loaded up and headed to Aunt Elisa's. The food was great and I think we all ate way too much. I again spent most of the time with my feet propped up because of swelling. The girls had a blast playing with all their cousins, riding around on the golf cart, and playing with Other Mama. Later that evening we went to a church friend's house to get a crib and changing table that they gave us. Then it was back home to rest for the evening.

I have an ultrasound and doctors appointment this Thursday. I will be 37 weeks. At my 36 week appointment I was measuring to be 39 weeks, so I'm curious to see what the ultrasound shows. Right now we have an induction date of October 8th unless I go before then.

Tomorrow is Jolie's actual birthdate. She will be 3. It is so hard to believe how fast they are growing. As often as we get asked if Jolie and Josie are twins, their personalities could not be more different. Jolie is full of life and loves to make you laugh. She also has a little mean streak in her sometimes. She still loves to cuddle (on her terms of course), and is very friendly and outgoing. Very rarely does she meet a stranger. She is our lollipop and I just could not imagine our lives without her.

Well I'm going to close with pictures from the birthday party:













Some of the party goers: Caden, Josie, Annaleigh, Jolie & Elias (missing: Ansleigh, Abby Grace, Ben's two foster children, Jesee & Catie):


A special, special thank you to Crystal, my camera woman :) I know Other Mama took some pictures as well, and I will post those when I get them.
Photobucket

No comments: