Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thank God for Good Samaritans

Good Samaritans do still exist. This morning I was running errands for work and I thought I would do one for me that would take a minute and it was only a minute out of my way. I ran into my pastor's office, dropped off the ashes for Ash Wednesday, and ran back to my truck. It wouldn't start. Oh no! This is my punishment for doing this on work time. I knew it was wrong to do it, but I had done it anyway, and here was my punishment. I got out messed with some wires close the battery and it started right up. Thank you God, I said. Yeah, no. As soon as I started driving it died on me again. It took all my strength to pull the truck over to the curb and out of traffic. I got back out and messed with the wires again. Nothing. I got back out and kept messing with them. Someone stopped. A nice looking guy in a business suit. He asked if I needed help. I told him I wasn't sure what was wrong. He parked his car and got out and came over and helped me. He looked at me and saw that I had black all over my khaki jacket, black all over my hands, and yet he in his business suit got out and helped me. He then offered me hand sanitizer to wash up with. He got it where he thought I could get somewhere to get it checked. Sure enough he had. All that needed done was for a cable to be tightened. This man did not have to stop, but he did. He didn't have to help, but he did. He didn't have to risk getting his nice suit dirty, but he took that risk to help another person out. Thank you, my good Samaritan, and may God bless you.


Jess Sig

No comments: