Monday, December 20, 2010

Actually a Quiet Weekend

I have heard from some of you that you get tired just reading my blogs, so most of you will be happy to know that we had a pretty quiet weekend, but it was forced upon us by Miss Jolie Hannah. She got a stomach bug and so she, Joel, and I were confined to the house for the weekend. First let me back up and tell you about the week before the weekend. Tuesday we went and visited with Quint, Sheila, Caden and Ansleigh. Sheila cooked the most awesome loaded potato soup and after dinner we took some family pictures trying to get pictures to send out in our Christmas cards:





My two favorite guys relaxing after the photo shoot:





Friday the girls had their Christmas party at school. They were so excited because they had a drawn names at school and so each of them had a gift for another child. Then each teacher had two gifts from the girls, one was a bag full of school supplies to use in the classroom and then the other was a personal gift for them to take home. The girls were so excited to be able to give their teachers the gifts. It was so cute to watch them. Jolie was so excited that she even opened both of Ms. Pat's gifts for her. Then it was their turn to give me all the homemade gifts they had been working so hard on. I was one proud mama walking out of their school that morning. That evening MeMaw and Paw-Paw kept the kids so that we could go Christmas shopping. This was the only night we would be able to do it. We picked up the kids from them at 12:30 a.m. It was around 3 o4 in the morning when Jolie started getting sick. Joe had to go to work so I had to start figuring out what we were going to do because Ansleigh's birthday party was at 2:00 p.m. and we had a Sunday School Christmas party at 6:00 p.m. I ended up seeing if the MeMaw and Paw-Paw could get Josie so that Josie could attend the birthday party and told Joe just to go straight there from work. Then I called and let our hostess know that we would not be attending the Christmas party that evening.

Here is Joe with our beautiful one year old niece:


Sunday we stayed home while Joe went to work. It had been 10 something on Saturday since Jolie had gotten sick again, but I wanted to wait 24 hours before exposing her to anyone just in case. It was a good day. We rested and played games.

This week of course will be a little hectic. Tuesday Joe and I have a Christmas party. Other Mama and Pap-Paw are coming to our house to watch the kids while we go. Thursday evening we will have Christmas with Chris, Crystal, Elias & Annaleigh. Friday we have our candle light service at church and of course Saturday is Christmas. I still have a little shopping left and a whole lot of wrapping.

I know I keep talking about this, but I'm still loving this Christmas season with the girls. It has been so much fun to watch them really get into it and trying to figure everything out. We have been trying to reiterate to them, that yes, we are excited about Santa, but the main reason we are doing everything is to celebrate Jesus' birthday, to which Josie has been questioning, just how old is Jesus and why is he still a baby. I think I'll end on that note.

Merry Christmas everyone and don't forget to celebrate Jesus' birthday.
Photobucket

No comments: