Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

One of the things Santa got the girls was princess makeup, so Wednesday night I pulled it out for them to play with. This was the result (the pictures aren't the best):
Jolie

Josie:


They kept asking "Am I pretty," and we told them they were as we tried very hard not to laugh out loud.

Thursday the girls stayed with my dad since they were out of school. I woke up that morning feeling yucky with cold/sinus/flu stuff and by that evening I felt horrible. I was in bed by 8:00 p.m. The next morning I woke up feeling even worse. Joe had to work so I refereed the kids from the couch until he got home. Once he got home Sheila came and picked me up and took me to Pri-Med. We sat there for a while before realizing it was going to be a 3-6 hour wait. I told her I would much rather be at home in my bed than sitting in a doctor's office. So we stopped at Walgreens and got the strongest over the counter medicine and she took me home. Joe took the girls to his parents since he had to work again the next morning, and I stayed in bed until the next morning. Neither Joe nor I were up at midnight although I do remember hearing fireworks go off. The next morning I woke up feeling about 90% better. I got dressed and Joel and I headed over to MeMaw and Paw-Paws to get the girls. We ended up staying the day and watched the Alabama game. ROLL TIDE.

That night when Joe put the girls to bed Jolie could not find her lovie (it is a rabbit/blankie thing she has had since she was born). They searched everywhere. I searched everywhere and we couldn't find it. I started to give Joel a bath and Joe told me he was going to have a talk with Lol. So he tells her that the lovie fairy must have taken lovie to another home since Lol is a big girl now. She responded with "Ohhhhh, the lovie fairy is in trouble." She finally was ok with it and went to sleep. Well I kept looking for it. For some reason it really bothered me that Lol didn't have lovie. I'm not sure if it is because lovie is something she has had since she was born or my guilt for not keeping her first year of life as recorded as I did Josie's first year, or what, but I stayed up until midnight trying to find him. I finally found him in a purse in a drawer.

Sunday Joe worked again and the girls and I went to church and then to Tim and Mary Kelley's. Tim was ordained Sunday as an elder and Mary Kelley had a lunch for him with his family and invited us. After that we went home and took naps. After naps we went to Bass Pro Shop and then to Outback to use a gift card we had gotten at Christmas. Whenever we go to restaurants we always sit one adult, one child on a bench when we are seated at a booth, well the girls wanted to sit together so they were on one bench and Joe and I on the other. They actually behaved. Joe and I were so impressed. We had a really nice family dinner. When we got home it was bed and bath for the girls, and experiment time for Joel. Joel had been sleeping through the night since he was about six weeks old (he is 13 weeks now), but the past few nights he has started waking up around 3 or 4 hungry so I thought I would see if giving him some cereal helped. I made it really runny and he only ate about 10 bites, but he loved it:


And it helped, he slept until 6:00 a.m. this morning.

Joe is on vacation this week. He is hunting today and tomorrow and then I have a honey-do list for him for the rest of the week. This coming up weekend we have Caden's birthday party and then the 14-16 we are going with Quint, Sheila, Caden, and Ansleigh to Joe Wheeler State Park for a weekend vacation. This is Joe's birthday present as he celebrates his last year in his 20s. We didn't get each other much for Christmas so that we could take this much needed vacation. Plus we got a great deal of a 4 bed, 2 bath cabin for sixty something a night. You can't beat that. We have not been anywhere since our family vacation in June of 2009. We have not been on a trip with Quint and Sheila since May or June of 2005. We had just found out we were pregnant with Josie and we went to Mississippi for a Burdick family reunion. Anyways I am super excited and even more excited about the fact that the kids will be taking a trip with their cousins and I know that it will be little things like this that they will look back fondly on when they are older. Joe has a session retreat at the end of the month and I have got to start planning what I am doing for Josie's birthday. I can't believe she will be 5. Time is flying by.

I'll end with a picture of Joel in a shirt my Aunt got for him, it reads, "Little Dear."


Photobucket

No comments: