Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Decorating for Thanksgiving

Last week was a quiet week for us.

Josie got sick twice with the stomach bug so she went to work with me on Monday and Friday.

Friday evening we had our dinner in and movie night which we had not had in a while. The girls actually sat through most of the movie.

Saturday Joe worked and the kids and I worked on crafts. I am trying to stress to them about being thanful for all the blessings that God has given us. One of the ways we are doing this is by making a thanful chain. Every day each one of us says what we are thankful for. I write it down and connect it to the chain.


We hung up a handmade manner reminding us to "Give Thanks"


We hung up scripture reminding us to give thanks:






Then we started making handprint crafts. First we did handprint boats to represent the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria that the pilgrims came over on:


Then we did handprint turkeys for grandparents and aunts & uncles:

(Josie's hand is blue, Joel's green, and Jolie's purple)

We also managed to get some housework done.

Sunday the kids and I went to church and went home for naps, and then we had Awana.

This week will be another quiet week, but I am really thankful for that :)

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful artwork God has provided for us. I love looking at all the differernt colored trees.

Photobucket

No comments: