Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween and Happy Thankful Month

Happy Halloween! I know I'm a day late, but that's ok, right? Now we enter into the month of Thanks.

As expected last week was very busy. Monday Joe had his called session meeting. Tuesday I had my SOS meeting. We always have fun at our October meeting and decorate pumpkins. Here is the pumpkin I decorated (that is spider webs at the bottom):


Wednesday Josie had her very first children's choir practice. They just started practicing Christmas music. Thursday, we actually did not do anything.

Friday the girls got to dress up in their costumes for school:



Joel went to work with me and then that evening we took the kids to Bass Pro Shops. They got to trick or treat, make necklaces, color a picture, be in a costume parade, and have their picture made.




After that we stopped by MeMaw and Paw-Paws so they could see the kids dressed up.

Saturday I had a migraine and almost the entire day was spent replacing our hot water heater.

Sunday we had church and then we had our church fall festival. We decorated our trunk for trunk or treat. We went with a shark theme this year. If you look at it is supposed to be a shark's mouth. We decorated the candy bucket like a chum bucket.


Joe was a turkey hunter and I was Medusa:





There was lots to do and the we all had a lot of fun.










We had debated long and hard about what to actually do last night, stay at home, go to a church festival, or go trick or treating. The kids have never really been trick or treating and we thought we may go to a few houses so that Josie and Jolie could still get in bed at a decent time for school this morning, but Josie answered the delima for us. She woke up sick yesterday morning and spent the day with me at work, soooo we stayed home and decorated our pumpkins:








So here we are at the first day of November. As I told the girls we are going to call this "Thankful Month." I want them to be reminded of all the things we are thankful for. I think we are going to make a thankful tree and maybe some other thanksgiving crafts. Until next time, know that us J Burdicks are so thankful to have you in our lives and all that you bring to it.

No comments: