Friday, October 14, 2011

Family Update and Belk Fundraiser

Last Friday Joel had his one year checkup. Again, I can't believe I now can say I have an almost 6 year old, 4 year old, and 1 year old. Moving on though, his appointment went great. He weighed 27.5 pounds and is 32.5 inches long. I asked the doctor if he was going to be big guy and she said it looks like it, you've got a linebacker on your hands. What is funny is that we have heard that since the moment he was born. The doctor held him immediately after birth and said "you've got a linebacker." So it will be interesting to see what his future holds for him. He got four shots: chicken pox, flu, hepatitis, and measles. Well he ended up having a horrible reaction to one or more of the shots and the band-aid they put on him to cover up where they gave him the shots. Later that evening when I pulled the band-aids off his legs were welted where the band-aids had been. The next morning he woke up with a fever and a rash from top to bottom. He still has remnants from the rash. Poor guy.

After his doctors appointment I met Joe and the girls at MeMaw and Paw-Paw's for Aunt Angie's birthday party.

The next morning the girls were up at 5:30 a.m. and so I took them to Wal-Mart to pick up some food for our church Homecoming and so they could pick out their Halloween costumes. As hard as it was, I let them pick out their own costumes. I am trying to teach them to make decisions for themsevles, and so they picked out what they wanted. Neither want is a costume per se, but more of an outfit. Jolie's is kind of like a spider witch. She has a fluffy dress and a hat with a spider on it. The dress is fiber optic, so hers will be pretty neat. Josie's is a ladybug outfit. There isn't much to it, and I told her if Halloween is cold this year, she will be cold and have to cover up, but that was what she wanted. Joel will be a bat. I have a costume Josie wore 2 years ago that fits him, so we'll have Joel the bat, Josie the ladybug girl, and Jolie the spider witch.

The rest of the weekend we spent at church for our Homecoming. It was an awesome weekend and it was so great to see people I haven't seen in years. I did end up leaving early with Joel Sunday because he was just too fussy and needed and a nap.

Monday I was off but the kids' daycares were still open so I took advantage of a free day. I cleaned and slept. I think I really needed it :)

This week we have had some behavior issues with Jolie at school. She has been hitting, biting, and back talking the teacher. I'm not sure what is going on with her but I reached my breaking point yesterday and told her she couldn't go on her campout Saturday night. She was supposed to have a campout, so now just Josie would go. I had just bought them new flashlights too. But yesterday was the third day of getting a bad report and I told her 3 strikes and you are out. She took it pretty hard, so hopefully we got through to her that she can not hit, bite, or back talk. We shall see.

Today Josie goes to the pumpkin patch at school. She was really excited about. I think we will try to go to ZooBoo tonight. Jolie got a family membership for her birthday and so I want to take advantage of it as often as we can! Tomorrow Joe works, but the kids and I will be at a family reunion. Josie then has her campout. I told Joe this punishes us just as much Josie, because we almost had a kid free night (we still would have had Joel) :)

Sometime in the near future we are going to take Joel's one year pictures. We have not had any made since he was born. Poor boy, at least I have taken regular snap shots throughout the year, probably more so than I did with Jolie.

I'm going to end with Josie's newest fundraiser. Tickets for special event at Belks. Since she started school it has been back to back to back fundraising. Thank you to those who have helped out so far, and please no one feel obligated to do any more than what you want to do.



No comments: