Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Catching Up Again...

Here I am catching up again...

Friday, May 11th was our 10 year anniversary. Joe and I have known each other and been in a "relationship" since we were 13 or 14, so we have been together 16 years total, but ten years in a marriage is pretty good these days. I have the best sister-in-law who told me I was going to bring the kids to her Friday night so that Joe and I could go out. We weren't going to go out since we have our beach trip in June, but she told me I didn't have a choice in it. Who can argue with that!! So Joe and I went out to dinner and then we went to downtown Prattville and walked around. It was beautiful. The fountain, and the creek, the lights in the old downtown. We had a beautiful walk.


The kids also had a blast playing with Caden and Ansleigh. And Aunt Sheila even took the bigger kids out for some yummy dessert.






While Joe was at work Saturday morning the kids and I took Nanny and Other Mama out to breakfast for Mother's Day, and when Joe got we went up to his Grandmother's to visit with her. It was a good day of celebrating special women in our life. Sunday the kids and I went to church and after Joe got home the kids gave them their presents. They were all so thoughtful. That night Josie finished up her Awana book at Awana.

This past Friday was Jolie's end of the year program at school. Joe took off work to be there. She had been practicing so hard her songs for the program, "Skidamarink," "In the Lord's Army," and a song they call "Tootie-T-Ta." Joe recorded it so that I could see the program. She did a great job singing. After the program Joe and Jolie came and met me for lunch. It was nice for us both to have that one-on-one time with Jolie. After that Jolie and Joe went to my dad's to put new brakes on the van. When I got off work I went and picked up Josie and she and I had some one-on-one time grocery shopping. That evening the girls and I went to Caden's year end program at school. He also did a great job and was the cutest lion in Noah's Ark there ever was. He did so good singing and reciting his Bible verses. We stuck around to tell him how proud of him we were and I think it meant a lot to him that the girls were there. I love how close they are growing up. Joe and Joel didn't go b/c the program started at 7:00 p.m. which is about 30 minutes past Joel's bedtime.

The next morning we got up and walked a couple blocks to the tractor pull. The kids had a great time looking at the animals, looking at the tractors, playing in the kid area which consisted of face painting, go fish, digging in the sand, darts, putt-putt, and two bouncy houses (ALL FREE!!).





 After walking around and getting sufficiently hot we supported the Elmore Methodist Church by buying some hamburgers and hotdogs and sitting down to cool off and eat. After eating we walked home to put Joel to bed before we had to leave for the crawfish boil with our friends from church. We had a blast. There was tons of food, tons of people, and the energy was so much fun. Jolie ate 3 platefulls of crawfish. I think she impressed some grown men that were there.

Sunday was a busy day. We went to Sunday School and about 30 minutes of church and then snuck out to meet Rebecca, Angie, Quint, Sheila, Cande, Ansleigh, MeMaw and Paw-Paw at Mellow Mushroom in Montgomery for MeMaw's Mother's Day lunch. The food was great, but the fellowship was better.





After lunch we headed home for about an hour of quiet time. We had to be back at our church by 4:00 p.m. for Josie's performance with the children's choir.




As soon as that was over we drove straight to New Home for the girls' Awana Ceremony. They both received awards for finishing a book. Other Mama, MeMaw, and Paw-Paw came to support them too.



 (The big ball of hair walking away from the table is Jolie receiving her Cubbie award.  She didn't stand still long enough for me to get a good picture.)

 Josie receiving her to ribbons.

This week we have been crazy cleaning. A woman from church is coming to our house Thursday to keep Joel because his daycare is closed. That is also the day of Josie's award day at school. I am taking off that morning to be there.

Joe is busy at work because this weekend is Greenville's big tournament. He tells me he doesn't have to work this weekend, but we shall see.

We don't have any plans for the weekend except Annaleigh's birthday party Sunday afternoon.

Next Thursday is Josie's last day of school. I can't believe it. This year has flown by and she has learned so much in one year. That weekend is the weekend of our beach trip. I can't wait. I think I'm most excited about the sleep :)

No comments: