Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Fun

I'm not quite sure how I keep going so long inbetween my posts.  To catch everyone up on our lives, I know, I know you can hardly to wait to know what all has been going on, right??

Well Joe worked anywhere from 10 to 12 hour days from July 16th through August 3.  He even worked the Saturdays.  Bless his heart, but now he is on the 6:00 a.m. to 2 something shift, so this month should be a good month for us.

I have been recouping from a fall I had in a hole in our yard one night.  Ben (my brother) and I were messing around with Joe's car that had broken down and it was dark and I was running and ran into a hole.  He took me to Pri-Med while the Burdicks came over to sit with the kids (who were all asleep).  I didn't break it, thank goodness, but I sprained it pretty bad.  I was on crutches for the first five days and an air cast for two weeks.  It is doing much better.  It is still swollen and tender, but it doesn't hurt to walk. I only hurts if I turn it wrong.  Everyone was so helpful and sweet to me and I even had some people come over to help with the kids.  I am so blessed to have the family and friends that I have.  The kids were awesome.  They have been very careful with my foot and the girls have been extra helpful.

I have taken the girls school clothes shopping and Josie and I went school supply shopping Saturday night.  All I lack are 3 items on the supply list.  Sweet girl, she has been counting down the days until she starts 1st grade in Ms. Graham's class.  She starts on August 20th.  We have open house on August 16th where we get to go see her classroom and meet Ms. Graham.

Joel will start MCDP with Jolie on August 20th.  Jolie is so excited that he will be at the same school as her.

We had a July birthday party at MeMaw and Paw-Paw's house one Saturday to celebrate Aunt Sheila's, Uncle Quint's, Paw-Paw's, Gigi's, and my birthday.  It was a good day.

I did turn 30 on July 31st.  It was a good day.  Joe brought me breakfast in bed, Other Mama took me out to lunch, and that night Sheila and Caden took me and the kids out since Joe was at work.   I guess you could say I was a little spoiled on my birthday.  Again, I am so blessed to have the family that I have. 

The most exciting thing was this weekend.  First, we had Joe home!!  He got up just in time from getting in from work at 4:00 a.m. to go to Tanner's (my nephew's 3rd) birthday.

 Tanner opening our present:


After the party we went and picked up Caden (our other nephew) and we all went to Bass Pro Shop.

Joe & Joel driving a boat:

Josie, Caden, & Jolie sitting in front of the fish tank: 


 Joel, Jolie, Josie, & Caden sitting on a four-wheeler out front:


Last year I started a tradition of using my birthday money for us to do a last hoorah before school starts back.  Last year Joe was working the weekend in Greenville so we stayed at a hotel in Greenville, and swam in the pool, rode around on the golf course, and just had a good weekend. This year, I used my birthday money to take us to the Splash Adventure in Bessemer, AL.  So Sunday morning we got up and had a home cooked breakfast by Chef Joe and then we meet up with Quint, Sheila and Ansleigh and headed to the water park.  The kids had an amazing time.  To begin with Joe and Quint stayed in the little kid's area with Ansleigh and Joel while Sheila and I took Josie, Caden, and Jolie to the bigger kids area.  They even had slides in the bigger kids area and this huge water bucket that fills up with water and then dumps down on every one.  They made it really cool but having ropes the kids could climb up to get to the slides and levers you could turn to make water come out.  Then Sheila and I took turns taking Josie & Caden on one of the adult slides.   Josie loved it!!!!  We sat in a two seater intertube and down we went.  I just kept yelling for her to make sure she held on, lol.  Next we all hit the lazy river and then lunch. Then we swapped and Sheila and I took Joel and Ansleigh to the little pool while Joe and Quint took the bigger kids to the wave pool, the bigger kid area, and down the big slide.  After that we all went back to the bigger kid area so that Ansleigh and Joel could slide.  They both loved it!!  I really could not tell you who had more fun.  Sheila and I took Caden and Josie down the big slide one more time, and we ended our trip with another lap or two or three on the lazy river.  It was an awesome day and a wonderful way to spend my birthday money.  We didn't take any pictures because we were all too busy having fun, but here are some from the website showing the attractions:

This is the bigger kid's area.  The white slides are the ones all the kids could go down.   The orange thing on top of the play ground/slide is the big bucket that would fill up with water and splash down on everyone.  I could not find any pictures of the little kids area.


 These are pictures of the big slide we took Caden and Josie down.  It is not the steep blue one, but the black one on the left.  It is a tunnel slide for most of the ride.



I'll close with a picture of the girls.  They had climbed in bed with me to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and they both fell asleep.  They were so cute before that, well I say cute, but I actually mean annoying b/c they kept asking what country each group was.  I kept saying if you would be quiet you could hear them say what country.  It was quite late, and they finally gave in to sleep:


No comments: