Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Whirlwind Weekend

This weekend can only be described as a whirlwind. It started Thursday night when I went to drop off some handprint ornaments to my brother to take to our mom when he went to Florida the next day. Well Josie wanted to know why she couldn't go to Grammy's house and my explanation was we don't have time to go to Grammy's this weekend. So when I got out of the truck I told Ben, my brother, that if he wanted someone to ride with him that Josie would love to go and to my amazement he said okay. So here we are 5:45 p.m. the day before he leaves and we have to make arrangements for her to go to Florida. Also knowing that the entire weekend would be CRAZY I wanted to spend some quality time with the girls. So I told Ben that Joe would drop off a carseat and the girls and I went to Redbox to rent a Dora's Christmas movie and pick up pizza. The girls had a fun night but I stayed up til past midnight washing clothes and packing for Josie. We also found out that day that Joe was off the next day, Friday, and so we decided that he and Josie would go to the hospital for Sheila's induction and Ben would pick her up there. I was not able to make it because I had to work but I stayed connected with Joe the entire time about what was going on and I even cried when Joe called to tell me she was here. Josie was such a trooper. She was there from around 9:30 a.m. or 10:00 a.m. until a little before two. She just missed getting to see Ansleigh before she left with Uncle Ben.

Ansleigh arrived at approximately 1:23 p.m. on December 18, 2009. She was 18 1/4 inches long and weighed 8 pounds.

I got off around 1:45 p.m. and rushed to the hospital. Sheila would not let them take her back to the nursery to get washed up until I got there to hold her. She is beautiful. Crystal picked up Jolie from Erica's and took her home with her so that way Joe and I could spend as much time as we wanted at the hospital. We ended up doing a good amount of Christmas shopping after we left the hospital. While we were shopping we got a called from a very surprised yet happy Grammy and Emmie. Did I fail to mention that we didn't tell Mom that Josie was going? Ben got to her house and knocked on her door. She answered and he told her that he had a big package he needed help with-- the big package-- Josie Madelynn.
Saturday morning I woke up with a migraine from not going to bed before midnight any last week. I drugged myself up and went back to bed. Thank God Joe is so wonderful when I have my migraines. He and Lol played and took naps themselves. When we woke up we got ready and headed to the hospital so that Lol could meet her new cousin. Jolie fell in love instantly. She was kissing her and watching her. She got to hold her and feed her bottle. It was soooooo sweet. We left Lol there at the hospital with MeeMaw and PawPaw so that we could go home and get ready for the Christmas on the Coosa Dance. Joe had not seen my dress so it was like prom all over again. We had an absolute blast. Here is a picture of Joe and me and then a picture of most of the SOS girls with their husbands that attended.

After leaving the dance we headed to Wal-Mart so that Joe and I could get everything we needed for us to have birthday parties for Jesus in our Sunday School classes. Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church,went to get Lol from MeeMaw and PawPaw, and headed to church. Around 9:45 a.m. Ben called me to come pick up Josie from him. So she made it in time for the birthday party. After church we had lunch at MeeMaw and Paw-Paw and Aunt Becca and Angie were there. The girls had a blast spending time with them. Sometime after we ate lunch we got the call that Quint and Sheila were on their way home so all us Burdicks loaded up and headed over to their house. Josie got to see Ansleigh for the first time and got to hold her. Both girls were so sweet with her. However we did not get to stay as long as we would have liked because the girls had reached their liimit for the weekend. We picked up dinner on the way home, took baths, and everyone, I mean all four of us, were alseep by 6:30 p.m. last night. I woke back up around 8:00 p.m. and got a little bit done, but we were all exhausted from the weekend.

We are so blessed to have an addition to our family and she is just perfect. Sheila has some nerve damage that was done in the labor process and still doesn't have complete feeling in one of her legs. The doctors have told her it may take two weeks to get the feeling back. Bless her heart. Besides that she is doing great and looks great.

I will post more pictures soon. As most of you know, my camera is full and I don't have a computer to upload to, so I depend on others for pictures.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Robert said...

Man you 4 are busy! :)