Monday, April 12, 2010

Another Weekend Report

Here again is another weekend report. Friday after I got off work I picked up the girls and we went to Wal-Mart to get a comforter set for Lol's new bed and a side rail for the bed. After that we were on our way to Mr. Sandman's on the Atlanta Highway in Montgomery to get her a $99.00 twin mattress set when we passed by a place called Goodnight Mattress right beside American Oak. I thought to myself, what the heck, so I turned around and pulled up in front of their store and called to see how much their cheapest twin mattress set was. Well it just so happened that they also had a $99.00 set. I was ecstatic. This was going to save me about 40 minutes of driving. So I went in and bought the set. And I must guiltly say, it is a much better set than the one we got for Josie a couple years ago at Mr. Sandman's. So anyone needing a new mattress, you should check them out. My next obstacle, how was I going to get it home? There is only one lady that worked at Goodnight Mattress so she went next door and asked the gentlemen at American Oak if they would tie the mattresses to the top of the van, and they so gracoiusly did. I was just so excited that I saw that place and saved myself on time, gas money, and in sales tax. I drove incredibly slow the whole way home and kept checking as best as I could to make sure the mattress and box spring were staying put. I was a nervous wreck the whole way home, however we made it home safe and sound and with the
mattress and box spring still on top of the van. We got home and I managed to get the box spring and mattress down and in the house and set up the bed. Jolie was so excited. She kept saying "my bed," and wouldn't even let Josie sit on it. I must say though that they have done so much better sleeping in the same room but without being able to touch each other. It could not have worked out more perfectly. That evening we rented the Princess and the Frog and watched that before bed. Joe wasn't feeling good and passed out in the chair around 7:00 p.m. He said he woke up at some point in the dark wondering where everyone had gone. Bless his heart.

Saturday the girls were up at 6:30 a.m. all excited about going to Aunt Beccas and Aunt Angie's. We got everything ready and was out the door by 8:00 a.m. We first stopped off at Redbox and dropped off the movies then we headed to pick up breakfast. It was almost 8:45 before we finally got on the Interstate. Then we had to stop in Greenville to pickup Joe's fishing gear. It worked out perfectly though because the girls and I could go to the bathroom and we ended up changing around the girls' seats because there was way too much "She's touching me," and "She has my toy" going on. Before we had them on the same row so that the baby would have its own row, but for now each girl has her own row. Maybe closer to the baby getting here we can put them back on the same row. By that time Lol will be closer to 3 and maybe not as aggrevating to Josie???? Anyways, we got to Becca's around 11:00 a.m. We had a great day. We just ate and played all day. Joe and Josie did do a little fishing:

Josie had so much fun that she did not want to leave. She kept trying to talk Aunt Becca into letting her stay the night. She cried and cried when we left. We did tell her that sometime soon we would arrange for her to go down for the weekend. She is so excited and has been talking about it every day since.

Sunday we got up and I did not feel well at all. I told Joe I just didn't think I could go to church. So I helped him get the girls ready, and he and the girls went to church without me. Joe even helped teach my Sunday School class. He is so wonderful, and I do not know what I would do without him. He had a session meeting after church so I went and picked up the girls a little after 12:00 and brought them home, fed them, and they laid down for naps. Josie slept for 2.5 hours and Jolie slept for 3. Joe got home around 4:00 p.m. and started cutting grass. I still was not feeling up to par so he took the girls outside with him and they even ran an errand. Again, he was so great yesterday. Not sure what was wrong with me though. I have not thrown up as much this pregnancy, but I still haven't felt good either. I'm not sure what is wrong. Oh well, I'm entering the second trimester so hopefully I will start feeling better soon.

Here are some more pictures from the church easter egg hunt. A guy from church took 247 pictures and passed out CDs, so here are some of the girls:


No comments: