Monday, May 17, 2010

Crazy Week

Last week was a not so good week. It started out good, Tuesday was our 8 year anniversary and Aunt Sheila and Uncle Quint kept the girls so Joe and I could have dinner at the Olive Garden. We ate until we were both full, then drove around looking at huge houses, and then went and picked up the girls. I wish we could have done more and maybe even taken a little weekend trip away, but hey that's life, and I was happy to be able to spend the alone time with him. After getting the girls in bed Joe packed for Mobile and we went to bed. Around 3:00 a.m. Wednesday morning Josie woke up and came to me crying. Her legs were hurting her. I put her in the bed with us and told her to go back to sleep. About an hour later Joe's alarm went off and he got up and started getting ready to leave for work. Somehow this woke up Lol, who ran to him. He brought her into me because he had to leave before he was late for work and she was burning up. So we gave her Tylenol and Josie, Lol, and I laid back down in my bed. Well it was around 5:30 a.m. before the girls fell back alseep. When my alarm went off the first thing I did was go straight to Lol and feel her, she was still warm. So I called my grandmother to see if she could keep Lol. She told me she had some errands but that she could get her from me later in the morning. So I took my shower and then I got to thinking aobut how I was going to have two kids by myself at Pri-Med. So as soon as I got out of the shower I called Mrs. Emily to see if they could pick up Josie on their way home and take her to church with them. Thank goodness they said yes. So I got the girls up, we all got ready, I dropped Josie off at Ms. Erica's and then Lol and I came to work. She was here with me until around 11:00 a.m. when my dad came to get her. My dad has really been knight in shining armor through this past week. He offered to stay with us while Joe was gone to Mobile and offered to keep Lol for as long as she needed to stay home. He also offered to meet me at Pri-Med right at 5:00 p.m. with Lol. So that is what he did. He met me there at 5:00 and we were in and out by a little after 6:00 p.m. The verdict, ear infection and tonsilitis. Lol was so cute that the nurses and doctors thought she needed two suckers and a piece of gum. Then the Walgreens pharmacist also thought she was so cute that she needed another sucker. When we got home my dad had cleaned up the living room and had ordered pizza for us for dinner. Josie did great at church with the Burdicks and did so well that someone thought she needed a sucker as well. Thursday Jolie stayed home with Pap-Paw and slept almost all day. When Josie and I got home Jolie and Pap-Paw were cooking out hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner. After dinner we took a walk to see the progress being made on getting ready for the tractor show. That night Dad and I talked and decided that Lol should stay home Friday as well to get more rest. Friday she did a little better and was upset to watch Josie and I leave for Ms. Erica's, a sure sign that she was feeling better. Joe got home around lunch time and he spent some time with her before getting ready for his second interview with the City of Prattville. He said he thought the interview went really well. The next step is them calling the person they have chosen for the job. We don't know how long that will take. So more waiting. Daddy decided to stay again Friday night since Joe had to work the weekend to help me with the girls Saturday. Saturday Lol felt a little warm but after nap time felt fine and was acting fine, so I thought it would be good for her to get out. Daddy, the girls, and I walked down to the tractor show where we just happened to run into Aunt Sheila, Uncle Quint, Caden & Ansleigh. It was so funny because Daddy said did you know they were coming and I said no. I said this week has been so crazy that Sheila and I have only talked about important stuff, interviews and sick kids. So we all had a blast and after an hour or two we headed home. Daddy left to go home shortly after that. When Joe got home he played with the girls and took care of dinner so I could rest. Around 2:00 a.m. Jolie woke up and I went in to check on her and she was burning up again. I was confused because she has been on the antibotic since Wednesday. So I gave her Tylenol and put her back to bed. Around 7:00 I woke up and went straight to check on her. She was still warm. So I called Other Mama to see if (1) I could leave Josie with her at church so I could take Lol back to Pri-Med and (2) if she could teach my Sunday School class that morning. Of course, she said yes to both. (I just don't know what I would have done without all the parents this past week!!!) So I dropped Josie off with Other Mama and Lol and I headed to Pri-Med, again. This was a much longer wait, and the verdict, a viral infection. I think it is just a fever virus. So I called my Dad again and he came back last night to spend the night so that way I would not have to do any extra running around this morning and again said he could stay with Lol for as long as I needed him to. Her fever will spike and then she'll be fine, spike and then be fine. So we shall see how long this lasts. Josie ended up going home with Other Mama and spent the afternoon with her and Aunt Elisa. I was told there was water hoses and golf carts involved, so you know the girl had fun. Wow, what a week and weekend, but again I'm just so incredibly thankful for all the help.

So hopefully we can get this child well because I have stuff I need to be doing like getting the crafts and decorations ready for VBS which is about a month away. We are also axious as we await and pray for a call from the City of Prattville. And in about a week and a half we find out if we will be the proud parents of three beautiful girls or two beautiful girls and a handsome gentlemen. Also, my mom has decided to move back to Pennsylvania to be closer to her mom and sisters. (She currently lives in Panama City), so I ask that everyone pray for her and Babette as they make this transition and that they can find quickly find jobs.

Well I'll end this with some pictures that Sheila took of the kids at the tractor show:

The last ride, they all had to be in one car:
Cooling down:

Caden & me:
Sheila & me:


No comments: