Monday, February 27, 2012

Our Weekend and Our First Visit from the Tooth Fairy

We have had some good family time the past two weekends. They are growing so fast, I hate to miss a second of it. And poor Joe misses out on so much with working as much as he does, I know it is even more important to him.

Last weekend Joe worked so Other Mama and I took the kids to the Zoo. I called her at 7:00 a.m. that Saturday morning hoping I was not waking her up and she said she would love to go, so off we went. It was a really good day and the kids loved looking at all the animals and playing on the playground.

This weekend we headed up to Birmingham for a day of fun and play. First we went to the McWayne Center and had an absolute blast. Even Joel enjoyed the exhibits and play time.
I forgot my camera so these were taken with Sheila's phone, but the kids kept moving so much it was hard to get a clear picture of them:

Around 4:30 we met my cousin Robert, his wife Bethany, and their daughter Annalise for dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. Again we had a blast. The enviorment is so fun. There were disco balls and music and dancing. Joel and Annalise were so cute, they would get so excited every time the disco balls came on. After dinner we headed up to the Vulcan (a statue that sits on a hill looking over Birmingham.) We rode in a glass elevator to the top of the tower that the staute sits on and walked around the base of the statue. It was beautiful to look over Birmingham, but scary to be that high up at the same time.
This is a picture from the parking lot walking up to the tower:

This is a picture I found online of the actual statue:

Sunday morning I woke up with a horrible migraine so Joe got the kids ready and took them to church then they went to his parents for lunch and play. I was finally feeling better around 4:00 p.m. so I got up and got ready and was able to go with them to Awana.

This week is Dr. Seuss week at school. They get to dress up each day. Today was pajama day so each girl got to wear pjs and a robe to school. Why can't we have pj day at work?

Our big news from this weekend is that we received our very first visit from the tooth fairy last night. Friday night after dinner Josie told me she had some food in her teeth. I told her to go see her Daddy because I was changing Joel. Well the next morning I was getting their breakfast ready and Josie said, "Mommy, I can't eat until you get this out of my teeth." So I looked at her mouth and felt her tooth and I said, "Honey, there is not food in your teeth, it is loose." My heart sank because I know this means she really is growing up but she was so excited I couldn't bear to let her know I was sad. So we called all the grandparents and told them about her tooth being loose. Sunday morning it was really really wiggly from where she had played with it all day Saturday, and Joe asked if he could pull it and to our surprise she said yes. (We were scared it would come out at church or school and she would lose it.) It took Joe three times, but it came out. Poor Jolie, wanting to be like her big sister, kept telling us she had loose teeth too or that she had lost one as well. So last night the tooth fairy left Josie $5.00 in her tooth pillow for her very first tooth (from now on it will only be $1.00). Jolie had also put out her tooth pillow and the tooth fairy left her $0.75.

No comments: