Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What a weekend . . .

We somehow managed to pack a lot into a weekend, and I look back wondering how it all happened in such a short time. Friday afternoon we went to Joe and Josie's favorite place-- Bass Pro Shop. We love it because it is free entertainment for the kids.

Saturday morning we went to a friend's house to swim. At one point Josie managed to fall into the pool while both Joe and I were other occupied. Someone else who was there jumped in to get her. Needless to say it scared all of us adults beyond measure. It only shook Josie up a little bit. She never cried and kept telling me that she had fallen in. We had taken off our floaties because we were about to eat lunch. Everything is right there around the pool, the grill, the table, and the kiddie pool the kids were playing in while we got lunch ready. I was setting up the table for the four little girls to eat and Joe and Lol. She was reaching for a float to put into the kiddie pool and feel in. So of course I spent the rest of the day feeling like a horrible mom. After that we went home and took naps. That evening we went out to dinner with Uncle Ben, Aunt Tiffany, and William. Josie had to ride in Uncle Ben's car from Countrys to Wal-Mart and then from Wal-Mart back to our house. It was cute.

Then that evening when we laid Jolie down for bed she was not quite happy about doing it without her paci. She jumped/fell out of her crib. I'm not sure which and I'm not sure how she landed. We heard her cry change and Joe rushed in to get her. She busted her lip in the process. He got her cleaned up and he snuggled with her in his chair. She was asleep within a minute, no lie. So of course this scared me because I didn't think she should have fallen alseep that fast. So then I was worried that she had a concusion. WE purposely woke her up so that I would feel better.

Sunday we went to church then Mary Kelley and I stayed to decorate our room for VBS this week. Joe took the girls home. Mary Kelley and I worked on our room from 1:45 to 7:00 p.m., but seeing the kids faces last night as they walked into the room was worth it. We are teaching k-6th grade and our theme is camping. Mary Kelley and I made a waterfall coming out of the wall with butcher paper and material, we have a picnic area with a small picnic table and toy grill, we had two tents with sleeping bags, we made a mountain with a bear, deer, and bobcat, and a swimming pool with a gruard stand. Our room is awsome. I'm so proud of how it turned out and like I said the kids loved it when they walked in last night. We are teaching each night this week so that will help this week go by faster for our vacation next week.

Yesterday was also a big day for each girl. Josie went the entire day in big girl panties. She is only going to be wearing the pull-ups at bedtime. And Jolie slept in a cot yesterday at school instead of the playpen. Erica said she loved it. I guess it makes her feel more like a big girl like Josie.

I'll end with a hiliarious thing Josie said last night. When we got home I gave them baths, brushed their teeth, laid Jolie down, and laid Josie down with her Dora movie. After a while Josie came out and asked for some more milk. So I went to the kitchen to get her some more milk. In the meantime she went to the living room where Joe was watching TV and she told him she was wet (she was in a pullup for bedtime). And he said, "Josie, you know you are supposed to use the potty." And she looks at him and says, "Well it's too late now." The child cracks me up and she is so smart.

I don't know if I'll have time to write again this week and next week I won't be anywhere near a computer but I'll update as soon as I can.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad we finally found your blog! It's fun keeping up now. Those little girls are growing like weeds!

Now that I'm temporarily in Montgomery, and getting into Elmore some, I'll have to find a way to get into your area!