Monday, July 20, 2009

The Weekend

This was another jam packed weekend, well at least for the most part. Friday Josie spent the night with Elias, Annaleigh, Aunt Crystal, and Uncle Chris. Elias had been wanting Josie to spend the night so Friday was as good as night as any. They had a blast. With Josie gone me and Lol went to dinner with my dad and then went to Lowes to price all the cosmetic stuff I'd like to do to the house. I still want to put in new countertops in the kitchen, put a new vanity in the bathroom, new floor in the bathroom, new mirror and light fixture in the bathroom, new surrounding walls for the tub, and new light fixture in the hallway. Dad and I priced everything and it will take between $500-$700.00 to do everything. Now of course that isn't everything because we still need new carpet, new windows, new doors throughout, we'll need a new roof soon, and we have some electrical stuff that needs to be worked on. But we're doing a little bit at a time. I'm sure by the time we finally get everything the way we want it, we will have outgrown the house and it will be time to sell. At least we should get a good bit more from it after all the improvements. For the meantime, I love our house and it is perfect for us for right now. Anyway, all of that to say that Lol and I had great quality time with Pap-paw. Jolie kept saying Pap-paw and helped him eat his hamburger and I really feel that it just made his night for her to be so in love with him. Joe spent the night in Greenville so that he could have some guy time. I'm not really sure of what all he did.

Saturday I took Jolie to Aunt Crystal's and Uncle Chris' so that she could be with the rest of the gang while me and Mama went to Tiffany's grandmother's funeral. It was a beautiful service and I cried almost the entire time. I really hope that when I die they can say the same things about me. It is definitely something to strive for. After the funeral I picked up the girls and I took them home for naps. They woke up about the time that Joe was getting home around 4:00-4:15 which gave me just enough time to get ready for my shower/Wetumpka After Dark. We had a lingerie shower for a close friend from church who is getting married and after the shower part we did the Wetumpka After Dark. It is like the Corks and Canvas place in Montgomery but with no alcohol. You paint a painting and there is someone there that tells you how to do it, step by step. Our paintings were angels. They all turned out fabulous. I need to take a picture and post it. I'm so excited. I keep looking at it thinking, I painted that. I put her in the hallway overlooking all three bedrooms, so that she can watch over us.

Sunday we had church and we were supposed to go swimming with Aunt Sheila, Uncle Quint, and Caden, but Josie kept misbehaving so we decided to end our empty threats and bribes, and we did not go as punishment. We did however go to Wal-Mart so that I could lunches for them at Erica's for the next two weeks. She was good enough to be able to spend some of the quarters that Uncle Ben had given her so that she could ride the rides they have in the front of the store. However her behavior went downhill from there and she had to go to bed early. She did wake up in a great mood this morning and got herself dressed all by herself and was a great helper this morning. So maybe us taking a stand to her yesterday actually did something. I don't know, we'll see.

So that was our weekend. This week is going to be busy as well. Joe and I have something tomorrow night. Thursday night is a crawfish thing we are supposed to be going to with some Robert Trent Jones people. And Friday I have a doctor's appointment. I have been having some health issues and so hopefully finally Friday I will get some answers. I am really nervous, but mainly just because I do not know what is going on with me.

Hopefully I can post a picture of my beautiful angel soon.

No comments: