Monday, August 3, 2009

The End of July

It seems as if every week I write about what a busy weekend we've had. And this past week I was so busy at work that I never had a chance to update during the week. I feel like I could write a short book about everything that has been going on. First this was a tough week because RTJ in Greenville had a really big tournament this weekend that they were getting ready for all week long. Joe did not get to see the girls until Thursday or Friday. They were in bed asleep every night before he got home. It made a tough week for both of us.

Let's see. This past week the girls went to the Zoo with Erica, Desmond (Erica's husband) and the rest of the children Erica keeps. They had a blast. And it was so funny because Josie remembers that the last time she was at the Zoo is when Other Mama took her. She kept saying, Other Mama took me to the Zoo too. It was so cute that she remembered that and that it made such an impression.

(As you can see Erica's phone takes much clearer pictures than mine does.)

We also had several birthdays this past week, Uncle Quint's on the 26th, my cousin
Kevin's on the 27th, Gigi Berdine's on the 28th, Paw-Paw's on the 30th, mine on the 31st, and Gigi Green on August 1st. Josie was so excited about everyon's birthday and in her mind every time you have a birthday you should have a party. Every time she asked me where my party was I kept telling her to ask her Dad. Joe didn't find that too funny. Joe and I just celebrate birthdays very different. Joe gets several days of celebration with cards and presents and cakes, and well, I get told Happy Birthday. Oh well, that is just him. Erica did make birthday cards for me from the girls. They were so sweet. I also had to renew my drivers license on my birthday. It was very bittersweet for me. The last time I renewed my drivers license I was about 2 or 3 months pregnant with Josie. I don't have that many pictures of me pregnant with her and for some reason that drivers license also felt special to me. We had tried so hard for her and I was just so happy. Sick, but happy. I will probably put it in her baby book. Friday was also the first time Jolie has gotten her toe nails painted. She was so excited about it and keeps showing everyone her toes. She keeps grabbing at them. It is so awesome to watch how the smallest things mean so much to them.

Friday night Sheila told me to pick the place to eat for my birthday before going to the Biscuits game. We ate at Mellow Mushroom. I loveee the Magical Mystery Tour pizza. After dinner we met Mee-Maw and Paw-Paw at the game. It was country night and they had free pony rides. The girls loved it. They weren't as into the game and we didn't get to watch that much of the game, but they did sit still long enough to watch the fireworks. As we were leaving the stadium Jolie feel face first on the concrete. She busted her mouth and under her nose pretty good. Joe scooped her up and all she said was "Ouch." She never cried. We could see that she was bleeding but could not tell where because they had not turned the lights back on from the fireworks. She did not bleed for long. That girl is one tough cookie. That night Josie spent the night with Aunt Sheila, Uncle Quint, and Caden. She has gotten to where she wants to spend the night with whoever we spend the afternoon with. The past three weeks she has spent a night away. First she spent the night with Annaleigh, Elias, Aunt Crystal, and Uncle Chris; the next week with Mee-Maw and Paw-Paw; and then Aunt Sheila, Uncle Quint, and Caden Friday. Jolie is always so cute the morning after Josie spend the night away. She gets up and looks all over the house for Josie. It is so sweet.

Saturday morning and afternoon I felt horrible. I had a migraine and I am having hot flashes as a result of some antiobotics I am taking for a UTI. I was miserable. We had a wedding to go to that night so I just tried to sleep the morning away hoping I would feel better. Well I laid around too long and made us late for getting up and getting dressed. Then when we did finally start getting dressed I didn't have everything I needed and we had to run to Wal-Mart to get me a strap less bra then when we pulled up to Uncle Ben and Aunt Tiffany's house to drop off the girls, I realized I had brought one brown shoe (to match my dress) and a flip flop. Thank goodness Tiffany had some shoes I could borrow. We then raced to the church and had to walk through the wedding party at the back to get in. I was so embarrased. But the wedding was amazing and everyone was so beautiful. It was a
Scottish wedding with kilts and bag pipes. Joe said it was the best wedding he has ever been to. (I try not to get offended by that comment :) The reception was at the Gunter Annex at the Falcon's Nest. The food was great and the fellowship even better. We got back to Ben and Tiffany's and the girls were asleep. They of course had a blast and Aunt Tiffany now has a clean bathroom because of Josie :) Oh, that child. Since they were asleep Joe and I ran to Wal-Mart to get what I needed to make food for the family reunion the next day. When we got back Ben and Tiffany needed to stay and help with something so Joe took the girls home and I stayed. I got home around 2:30 a.m.

Sunday morning we got up and went to Sunday School. It was my Sunday to teach the 3 year olds through 5th graders. (The classes are combined for summer.) We were learning about Jesus' first miracle (turning the water into wine). I brought a cup of water and a wine glass and gave each one of them a chance to concentrate really hard on the cup and then asked them to pour the water into the wine glass to see if they could do it. I really think some of them thought they might could do it. It was so funny to watch. After Sunday School we went to Maplesville for Joe's mother's side of the family family-reunion. Here is a picture of the girls. I have no idea who the other girl is (I guess they are related saying we were at a reunion though).

After the reunion we went back to Aunt Bobbie's and visited with everyone.

It feels as if we did not have a weekend and I was so exhausted this morning, but I guess that is life.

In the midst of everything I have began planning Jolie's birthday party. It is going to be a Minnie Mouse party. It is going to be so awesome. The cake is going to be similar to this

Except for that it will be two layers of cake below the head. It will be hot pink instead of soft pink. The head will be a big rice krispie treat and her bow will have polka dots. Everyone will get a set of ears in their invitation to wear to the party. My mom has ordered the plates, napkins, balloons, t-shirts for the girls, and special for the girls. In fact I got the plates, napkins and balloons today. A friend of ours, David Hicks, did up the invitations and they look fabulous! I found a Micky & Minnie shirt at Wal-Mart for me to wear. Now we just have to wait for September to get her to have this wonderful party. I can not believe that in a matter of six months I am going to have a four year old, a two year old, a three year old nephew, and a brand new nephew and a brand new niece. Wow, Life is Good!

Again, I warned you this would be a book!

No comments: