Friday, August 21, 2009

Yesterday and Today

When we found out we were having two girls, Joe was a tiny bit disappointed. Like most men, he wanted a son to be able to play football with, hunt and fish with, and teach him manly things. When other guys would teasingly ask Joe what he was going to do with two girls, Joe would tell them the same thing I would with boys. I was very proud of him. Joe has always been a hands on dad and I love that our family plays together and our children are well rounded. They do things that both boys and girls do. I say all that to say, that Joe got the moment he had been dreaming of last night. On our to the Burdicks for dinner last night Josie asked me if I would take her hunting. (I have no clue where this came from, and I know she has no clue what actualy hunting is.) I told her that was a Daddy thing and that she would have to ask Daddy. Well sometime after Joe arrived (about an hour to an hour and a half later)Josie asked Joe if he would take her hunting. He told her he would. Well she wanted to go right then. Joe tried to explain to her that they couldn't go right then, when that didn't work he told her they couldn't go until he had bought her special clothes to go hunting. Well that got her even more excited because my girls love clothes and shoes. Joe was on an absolute high last night. Now let me calm any of you with fears, we would never ever let her have a gun at this age. I think Joe decided to take her squirrel "hunting" so that way they can walk through the woods and look for the squirrels. I'm not even sure when that is in season, it may be all year long for all I know. Whatever it happens, I know it will mean so much to Joe to share something that he loves and is so passionate about with his daughter.

Now for the today part. During the week all four of us have progessively felt worse with cold like symptoms. Erica called me yesterday around 4:00 p.m. to say that Lol was running a fever and that her face had broken out in welts. She gave her some Benadryl and tylenol. I kept a close eye on the fever all night and she never ran one again, so I was thinking maybe it was just a slight fever with her cold. I sometimes do that when I begin a cold. Well this morning when Joe's alarm went off at 4:00 a.m., I got up and checked Lol. When I opened the door and heard her breathing I could tell she had a fever. Sure enough she was burning up. I got some tylenol and juice in her and then Josie walked in. Her nose looked horrible and she was a tiny tiny bit warm. Joe decided to stay home and take them to the doctor. We have had so many cases of the swine flu around here, we just don't want to take any chances. Hopefully he can get them in as soon as possible. Other Mama was also nice enough to say she would meet him at the doctors office to help out if she wasn't at her eye appointment. So right now I'm praying, nothing serious and that we wasted $60.00 on co-pays for nothing.
Photobucket

No comments: