Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Projects

It is so hard to belive that it is already September. The older I get the faster times goes by. Life has been so hectic these past two weeks and right now I do not see an end in sight.

Mary Kelley and I worked almost every day on our sunday school room last week. Even stayed up working on it until 12:30 a.m. Friday night or should I say Saturday morning. But it was finished by Sunday and the kids loved it. They had all the adults of the church coming in to look at it. So I guess mission accomplished. We painted chalk board paint along the bottom chair rail of the entire room. The upper part is bright, but not to bright green. We painted the wall length cabinents a bright orange and painted each door a different color. One of the doors is the same green as the room, one we painted with the chalkboard paint, one we painted purple, one a kind of turquoise blue, and one a bright yellow. Thank you so much to SOS for donating $250.00 to the room to help us really make it nice. We bought little foot stools for the kids to sit on as they draw on the chalk board, we bought posters and other wall hangings, Betty from our SOS made the curtains, and we bought all kinds of cute storage options for the bookcase.

The night before we started working on our Sunday School room I had stayed up til 2:00 a.m. working on painting my kitchen cabinents. The bottom cabinents are painted and all have their new knobs. I think it is going to look great once I get it all finished. I still have the top ones to go, but I just didn't have time this week to work on it. Joe really stepped up last week being at home so that I could work so much at the church. My plan is to have the cabinents done by Lol's birthday party on the 19th.

Going on to my next stressor, Lol's birthday party. I have been so busy with the Sunday School room that I have not had time to do much for her party. Thank goodness my mom has been working on getting a lot of the stuff together. Hopefully the invitations will go out. We are just inviting our immediate families because if we go more than that our small little house won't hold everyone. Joe and I have a huge family between the two of us. I still have to come up with games for the kids to play. I had some really cute ones for Josie's in January, so I want to make Lol's just as fun.

Besides working at the church, we have not done too much else. Sunday evening we did have dinner at my dad's and grandma's. We had a great time and the food was good as well. Yesterday Joe had to work so me and the girls chilled at home all day until we went to Wal-Mart. We had almost no food in our house. I did manage to get my kitchen cleaned yesterrday. Still working on catching up all the laundry.

Last night we made homemade pizzas with the girls. They both absoutely loved it. Joe and Josie made the pizza for Josie & Lol and Lol and me made the pizza for Joe and me. They had so much fun putting all the toppings on and then they stood at the oven and watched it cook. Lol just kept saying "look." They were both so proud and the pizzas turned out really good.

A lot has been going on at our house behaviorally and personality wise. Jolie is finally really coming into her personality. She is going to be the more outgoing laid back one. She loves to make people laugh at her and already knows just what to do to push Josie's buttons. Her vocabulary is starting to increase. Her newest phrases, "I did it" and "I walk." They both sound so cute when she says them. She is getting where she tries to repeat the words you say to her. She is becoming more and more independent and she can tell by her newest phrases. It is so hard to believe she will be 2 in two weeks. She has her two year appointment on the 25th, but a couple weeks ago when Joe took them to the doctor there was only 3 pounds difference between the girls. We get asked all the time if they are twins, even when they are not wearing matching outfits. I do feel though that she is going to have to have her tonsils taken out. I will have her doctor look at them on the 25th and they have her refer us to Josie's ENT. Her tonsils are starting to look like Josie's did right before her surgery. Now, Lol's are not giving her as many problems, but if they keep growing she will almost have no passage way like Josie had.

Both girls love to sing. Before Sunday School at church we have singing where some of us get together and sing fun songs. Sunday, Jolie sang the entire time holding her little finger up (like she would for "This Little Light of Mine.") Then we always end signing with a song titled "Jesus is My Rock and He Rolls my Blues Away." For a lot of the song you sing Bop Shoo Bop, Bop Shoo Bop. Well Sunday Jolie just sang Bop, the entire time. She had everyone laughing and impressed that she was signing.

Josie is finally starting to calm down a little bit and we are seeing more of Jolie's attitude. Jolie can lay down flat on the floor on her belly and cry now when she doesn't get her way. Awwwwwwww, the terrible twos. It is so funny to watch. It is so hard not to laugh at her. We finally have Josie on a sleeping routine that has worked for the past couple of months and Joe and I actually are getting some together time in the evenings. Josie continues to learn tons of things at Ericas and at home and just amazes me with how smart she is. She also does not forget anything. So if you tell her something or promise her something, be prepared to follow through with it.

Joe and I have been getting along really well the past couple of weeks. -Knock on wood- He is still looking for a job closer to home if anyone hears of anything. He and a buddy of his have a fishing trip for this week, so that will be some good down time for him.

Well I think that wraps up this chapter of my continuing novel.
Photobucket

No comments: