Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm Impressed

For the past seven or more years of Joe's and my life, September and October have been ruled by the LGPA tournament in Prattville. When Joe worked in Prattville he always started working later than usual getting the course ready for the LPGA. This is a huge tournament. Well now that he has been in Greenville for the past two years, this tournament affected our lives for the better. Joe actually gets to work closer to home for a few days. This year he is only working the tournament yesterday and today. Yesterday he was asked to leave after lunch and be back at 6:00p.m. to spray. He called me to ask if that was okay. My response, "I don't really have a say, do I?" (I then told him to tell the guy over Prattville that he would do it if he would give him a job in Prattville.) So Joe left Prattville around 1:30 p.m. and went and got the girls so that they could see him before he had to leave again. When I got home a little after 5:00 p.m. Joe had the girls fed, sippy cups made for bedtime and for this morning, the dishwasher going, and their shoes in place for this morning. I was very impressed with him. Of course the girls did not take it very well that he had to leave to go back to work. Before leaving Joe searched all over for flashlights. Once he found some that he could use, he had to find some for the girls because they wanted one after seeing him with one. So after he left we went for a walk with our flashlights.

Sometimes I feel that we live separate lives. Either he has the girls or I have them. Almost like an episode of John & Kate Plus 8. It is not very often that you see both of us with them. This is very hard to deal with, especially because it is me alone with the girls the most. As we have been teaching the kids in Sunday School-- God has a plan. He had a plan when he put Joe in Greenville, and his plan continues to play out. We still do not know the outcome, but we are just living it one day at a time doing the best we can. It just makes the time we do all get to spend together that much more special and the things we do for each all the better.
Photobucket

No comments: