Thursday, October 1, 2009


This past week and a half three years ago hold very special memories for me that I like to reflect on these two years following. On Thursday, September 21, 2006, after work I headed up to Alabaster for Ashley's, my best friend from high school, bachelorette party. Josie was only six and a half months old. This was the first time I had ever left her. She had spent the night away before once or twice but she was always 10-15 miles away. Grammy and Emmie had come up to help Joe since his works hours are always so crazy. We had a blast at the party. Friday we got up bright and early and headed to the church. We worked almost all day on the church. About half way through the day I broke down sobbing missing my baby girl. I felt like a horrible mom for leaving her. Daniel, the groom, tried to comfort me telling me that he was sure that Josie was missing me as much as I missed her (which of course made me feel worse, but I wasn't about to tell him that, he was trying his best to comfort a sobbing hormonal woman). That evening Joe and Ashley's dad came up so that they could be with us for the rehersal dinner. This was the first time Joe and I had tried Indian food. After the dinner we had to do some last minute shopping and preparations for the wedding. Saturday again we got up bright and early and headed to get our hair done. Joe tagged along with us and was such a great sport being in a hair salon with 5 girls. After getting our hair fixed we headed to the church. Joe was awesome. Whenever someone needed something he was there to get it done. He was also having to calm me down because I was getting nervous about doing some readings. I was excited though because this was the first time I had been to a Catholic wedding. Shortly before the wedding started, I started not feeling well. We made it through the ceremony, which was absolutely beautiful, and headed for the reception hall. I started having major chills and was burning up at the same time. Joe and I made it through the reception and stayed to help clean up. As soon as we could we headed home. I was ready to see my baby. I felt so bad though I slept almost the whole way home. As soon as I got home I checked my temp, it was 103. I immediately started crying. All I wanted to do was hold my sweet precious girl, but I didn't want to get her sick. My mom finally told me to hold her without breathing on her. I washed as best I could and I just held her and cried. I think I slept the rest of the weekend. The next Saturday we had another wedding, my cousin Robert and his now wife Bethany. It was on Lake Martin. It was goregous. The little chapel was perfect and the wedding was in the afternoon so the sun was setting on the lake, oh, it would give you chills. Of all the weddings I have been to, these two stick out the most in my mind, well except for the Scottish wedding we attended in August. Weddings are such a magical thing. Two people in love and little churches decorated so beautifully. Other couples holding hands and people crying remembering when themselves took those vows. Happy Anniversary Ashley & Daniel and Robert & Bethany. I wish you many many years of joy, happiness, and love.

No comments: