Monday, October 5, 2009

Another Great Weekend

October is going to be busy busy for us. It started this weekend. Someone at church gave us a certificate for a free photo from where they had donated to their local fire department. We went and had the picture taken Friday afternoon. I have a feeling they are going to turn out great, but they are always so expensive. I don't know what I'll do. I guess I have to see them first, they may not turn out as good as I think they did. Both girls cooperated greatly, and this was the best photographer we've ever had to work with the girls. He had them both laughing the entire time. After pictures Josie and I spent some quality time together and Joe and Lol spent quality time together. Josie and I did some shopping (actually it wasn't shopping, we went to some stores, but we didn't buy much), but while we were at Wal-Mart heading to buy some milk we passed the baby section. She saw an outfit and said, "Oh, can we get that for Tanner. Oh, and that one, can we get that for Ansleigh." It was so sweet. She was thinking of her cousins totally unprompted from me. I had to tell her we would have to do it another time, but it so sweet of her. That girl knows how to push my buttons but at the same time she is constantly amazing me. Saturday I had the girls to Quint and Sheila a little after 9:00 a.m. and headed to Corn Creek Park to be part of an awesome event, Coosa River Challenge VII. It is "3-6 hours of mountain biking, trail running, river paddling with lots of special tests throughout." My church women's group, SOS (Sisters of Service) sponsored the "special tests" at Corn Creek. By the time they get to us it is close to the end of the race. They physically drained but have to run a trail through the woods. They have to stop at each station and do a simple tasks, one was a shape sorter, Mary Kelley's and my station was stacking the rings from largest to smallest, and the last stop with the SOS was putting the cards in order 2-King. They are so tired and shaking that these simple tasks can be quite difficult. It was so awesome to meet all these people. Some people raced as individuals and some in teams. There were a lot of father-daughter teams. All the teams were so encouraging of one another. I already can't wait to participate again next year. I love trying new things. We left there around 4:00 p.m. Sheila said my girls were perfect angels, and actually Joe told me Josie cried when they had to leave. It always makes a mom feel better to know that her kids behave when you leave them with someone else. We are so blessed to have family that help us out with this. Later that evening Mary Kelley and her family came over for dinner and watching football. Yesterday me and the girls went to church and then played and rested the rest of the day. This coming weekend we will spend almost the whole weekend with Chris and Crystal and will take the girls to see Dora at the fair. She does not know this yet, but I can not wait to see her face when she sees her. The 24th we will do the Pumpkin Patch in Clanton. We will do Halloween at Mt. Hebron on the 28th and our church on the 31st. We also have a ton going on at church this month. I think almost every Sunday there is something special going on. Then on November 8th we have Sheila's baby shower and we will go down to Mom's the weekend before Thanksgiving, and then we'll have Christmas and Ansleigh. Wow the new year will be here before we know it.
Photobucket

No comments: