Thursday, May 7, 2009

Important Weekend

This weekend is going to be a busy one for us, but at the same time one with a lot of meaning.

Saturday morning we have the Kidney Walk for our nephew, Caden (age 2 1/2). For those of you who don't know Caden was born with problems with his kidneys. They found out while Sheila was still pregnant and the sweet boy had to have surgery just days after being born. Then last August he had one of his kidneys removed. He is doing great and to look at him you would never know what he has been through. The only proof is a tiny scar on his lower back. He is the sweetest little boy and we are so excited to be supporting him and Quint & Sheila but joining the walk. Last year was our first year and they named Caden the child ambassador for the walk. This year I think he and another boy are the child ambassadors. He is already doing great things at such a young age!

Sunday of course is Mothers Day. We always do things with our moms before Mothers Day so that Sunday can be about me, Joe, and the girls. We will get up and go to church and do who knows what the rest of the day. All I know is that we are truly blessed with wonderful mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, daughters, and other women who play a role in our lives.

Then Monday is our anniversary. We will have been married for 7 years. Joe and I met in 9th grade and are high school sweethearts. I think we knew right away that we didn't want anyone else. We have been through a lot together and have always been there for each other. I'm not going to lie though, these seven years have been tough. There have been several times that one or both of us wanted to give up, but for some reason we never have. I don't know what lies in store for us, but I know I will always love him. He is a part of me and definitely balances me out. So anyways we will be going out on date Friday night to celebrate (I surprised him and told him I was taking him out)and he mentioned that we might do something Monday as well, so we shall see.

So all of that to end the busy week we've had.

Photobucket

No comments: