Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ups and Downs

This has been a crazy week, but I guess I'll start with our weekend first. Friday night we went to Chris and Crystals to visit. Elias, Annaleigh, and the girls had a blast playing together. Saturday morning we were up bright and early and headed to MeMaw and Paw-paw's for breakfast. After breakfast Josie, Joe, and Paw-paw went squirrel hunting. I headed to Birmingham for my best friend's from high school baby shower, and Lol stayed with MeMaw. I got home around 4:30 and all of us headed to Montgomery to pick up our van. Yes, that is right, we are getting a van. It is a 1998 Ford Windstar. It is sand colored with tan interior. I am so excited and can not wait for it to get out of the shop. (It had an electrical issue that we are having checked out.) As soon as we found out we were pregnant my mind started racing with all the changes we would have to make and vehicle was one of them. So I am so happy that this is one thing off of my checklist of worries. Saturday night we ate dinner with MeMaw, Paw-Paw, Quint, Sheila, Caden & Ansleigh. It was really nice. It had been a good while since we had all gotten together to visit. Sunday we went to church and then Other Mama, Josie and I went shopping. The girls got their Easter dresses and two other dresses. Now we just have to find shoes. That night we just vegged at home. Monday morning Josie woke up with a horrible cough and a slight fever. I sent them to Erica's thinking it was just a cold. Erica called me around 2:30 p.m. saying that both girls had fevers of over 101. I called Joe and he left work to head this way to get them. By the time he got to Wetumpka to get them it was almost 5:00 p.m. so he just stopped at my office and waited for me to get off work. We got to Pri-Med a little after 5:00 p.m. and the waiting room was full of people. We waited around for 30 minutes and then asked if we could go to dinner and them call us on our cell if it was our turn. They said that was fine so we took the girls to eat. We were gone about an hour. When we got back there was still 2 people ahead of us. So we had to wait around for another 30 minutes. When we finally got back to see the nurses Josie had a fever of 102.4. We went over all the symptoms and they did flu and strep tests-- both came back negative. Then they wanted to do chest x-rays. Lol was being really clingly to Joe so I told her that I would take Josie back there and then Joe could go with Lol. But I couldn't because I am pregnant. So I had to hold Jolie in the door way from our room so that she could hear Josie and Daddy a few doors down. It helped that the nurses thought she was so cute that she needed a sucker. Jolie's x-ray came back good but Josie's lungs had a good bit of fluid. They finally determined that Jolie had an ear infection and the beginnings of what Josie had and Josie didn't quite have croup and didn't quite have pnemonia, but close. The doctor was so worried about her that they gave her a liquid steriod and an antibotic shot before we left. Because people can react to the shot she was given we were required to wait 20 minutes. So Joe and Lol headed to Wal-Greens to drop off the prescriptions while Josie and I waited. Bless her heart she fell asleep in my arms while we waited our 20 minutes. After our 20 minutes were up we finally got to leave at 8:45 p.m. (We had been there since a little after 5:00 p.m.) Joe took the girls home while I headed to Wal-Greens to wait on our prescription and pick up a humidifer. I got to Wal-greens a little after 9:00 p.m. and did not leave until 10:15 p.m. They were that backed up from Pri-Med being backed up. Needless to say I was exhausted by the time I got home. We woke up the girls to give them their medicines (3 a piece) and Josie even got a Pedalyte popsicle before going back to sleep because her fever was running high again. Joe stayed at home with them Tuesday and Mrs. Emily stayed home with them yesterday. Monday night I slept with Josie and Joe splet with Lol so we could keep an eye on their fevers during the night. Tuesday night Joe slept with both of them in Lol's bed so he could watch over them as they slept. It was soooooooooooo sweet. Lol did not run a fever yesterday so she got to go back to school today. I have talked to Erica a couple of times and she said she is doing really good. Joe stayed at home with Josie again because she ran fevers yesterday. So far no fever today, but she has been telling Joe that she does not feel well. Bless her heart. Maybe today she can rest up some more and get lots of good snuggling time with Daddy.

I am 8 weeks along today. BabyCenter says the baby is the size of a kidney bean. So far I still have not had any sickness. I usually feel a little nauseas in the morning, but so far it has not been bad enough for me to get sick. I am still amazed and I know that I could start getting sick at any time, but I must admit it is very nice. I was very very sick with both of the girls. I do have a lot less energy. I can definitely tell I'm older chasing after two little ones with this pregnancy. Josie has been telling us she wants a brother and Lol could care less as long as it is a baby. She has become very protective of her babies these days. By my counting it should be towards the end of May or beginning of June before we find out if it is a Joel or a Joelle. We have picked out names as that is the one of the things we can do at this point. If it is a boy we will name him Joseph Randall Burdick, Jr. and call him Joel, and if it is a girl we will name her Joelle Brylee. What is everyone's guesses on what it is?

1 comment:

Amanda Mathis said...

I think it is a boy! Don't know why, just a hunch :)