Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Skating & Drumming

Friday afternoon Josie had her four year appointment with the pediatrician. She was such a big girl as they checked her height, weight, blood pressure, and temp. She said her ABCs for the doctor, told the doctor her name and Lollie's name. And then the doctor mentioned shots. In the past Josie has always done great with shots. In fact at Lol's 2 year appointment Josie was so upset that Lollie was getting shots and she wasn't I had them give her the flu shot so that way she could get a shot. However I guess something has changed in the past 4.5 months. I told Josie that she had done this tons of times and that it might hurt a little, but that she would okay. I then showed her both of my arms where I had blood taken from and she said okay. So when the nurse came in to give her the shots she laid there real still and said "Ouch. That hurt" with all three shots, but never cried. She was such a trooper. That evening we just hung out at home because it had been a pretty bad day for us all after everything we had all gone through.

This was Joe's weekend to work so Saturday morning the girls and I cleaned the house a little and then went to Wal-Mart. After Wal-Mart we came home, ate lunch, and took naps. After naps we headed to Skate Zone for Meredith's skating birthday party. The girls were so excited. Lol had little plastic skate things that fit over her shoes. She could walk in the things so I'm not real sure how they teach kids to skate. We got the real things for Josie. She did really good. She even went by herself holding onto to the rail several times. We were so proud of her.






After the party we went and hung out with Aunt Sheila, Uncle Quint, Caden & Ansleigh. The girls ooed and awwed over Ansleigh and had hilarious conversations with Caden. They are so cute to watch.

Sunday the girls and I went to church. Every Sunday before Sunday School we have "Singing in the Santucary" and we sing fun songs and other Christian songs that we don't normally sing in church. For about the past month to two months Mr. John has been bringing his drums to play along with the guitars. Well this Sunday all the kids finally worked up the courage to "help" Mr. John out with this drumming. I know that it is really hard to tell but in this picture Josie and Jolie are "helping" Mr. John drum. They were so cute and they were getting into it. They both love music so much.


The girls and I ate lunch with Mary Kelley, Jesse & Catie and then it was home for naps. We just hung out at home the rest of the evening.

So far I am still doing really good and have not had any sickness (Knock on wood). I feel great besides being hungry all the time. I think the girls have mixed emotions about it all. They seem really interested in the baby and ask questions and like to touch my belly and kiss my belly, but at the same time they have really started acting out more since we told them about the baby. Erica said hopefully they will have it all out of their systems by the time the baby gets here. I don't know. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Josie was so young when we had Lol that she never really knew anything and adjusted fine to having the baby around, so this is all new to me. So far the only thing that has changed for them is not being able to jump on my belly, but I guess just the idea of it for them, I don't know.
Photobucket

No comments: