Monday, June 7, 2010

The Past 2 Weeks

A lot has happened since my last post.

The Thursday after we found out we are having a boy, Josie and Jolie spent the morning with Other Mama and the afternoon with Pap-paw. They also spent that Friday with Pap-paw as well. Pap-paw stayed with us through the weekend because Joe stayed in Greenville to work Greenville's big tournament. That Friday afternoon Other Mama and I took the girls to see Shrek 3rd. It was a cute movie. It was the girls' first time at a movie theather. The movie was 3D so now I'm afraid Josie will think she will always have to wear glasses to watch movies at the theather. Josie did really well, but Jolie wasn't interested. She did not watch too much of the movie. Saturday morning the girls and I went and got haircuts and ran some other errands. That afternoon we had a Harris family gathering at Aunt Elisa's and had a ton of fun with all the family. Josie & Lol loving playing with the babies, Caitlin and Clara Beth. Our cousin Robert was a big hit as well since Joe couldn't be there to play with the girls. He took them riding on the golf carts, four wheeler, played on the swing set with them, and even played in the caterpillar water sprinkler Other Mama had bought just for this event.
Robert, Laura, and Josie on the four-wheeler:

We also had a little mini shower for Robert and Bethany who are expecting the arrival of their daugther in a couple weeks. Sunday evening Daddy and I cooked out steaks and twice baked potato casserole. Yummy!! Monday Joe got home after being gone for the weekend. We were all so happy to see him. That evening we went and visited MeMaw and Paw-Paw.

Then this past Friday Josie went to work with Joe until around 9:00 a.m. when Aunt Becca came and picked her up for the weekend. She was so excited to go. We rarely get to spend one on one time with either of our kids (let alone two parents to one child), so we took full of advantage of Lol being the only child for the weekend. As soon as I got off work, I picked up Lol and we went and browsed at the local flea market. Then we went home and played until Joe got home around 6:30 p.m. After he got home we went and ate and did one of the girls' favorite things, walk around Bass Pro Shop. Then we headed home for bed. Saturday we slept in and then got up and headed to the Zoo. After the Zoo we went to the mall for lunch. That afternoon we played in the pools and with the water hose. Sunday we went to church and then headed to Greenville to meet Aunt Becca and Aunt Angie for Josie. We got there early so we rode around the golf course until they go there. Josie got out of the car and she was all done up with newly painted fingers and toes, and pretty french braids in her hair. She had been swimming, been to Destin, played with some new friends, and had gone bowling. She had a blast and is in fact already planning her next trip. After picking her up we rode around some more and then headed home. We stopped at a Burger King on the way home, and at one point I turned around to find this:

She was so tired that she fell asleep with both hands on her hamburger as if she were still eating it. Bless her little heart.

Joe still has not heard anything from Prattville, so we just continue to wait and pray. It is crunch time for me because VBS is next week. Mary Kelley has recruited help to get the crafts prepared, so hopefully we will be in good shape for everything when we start on Monday.

We wasted no time in getting Joel's bedding ordered. My mom ordered the bedding set and I have ordered the curtains, mobile, diaper hamper, and extra fitted sheet. Here is what his "theme" is:

Hopefully after VBS we can really work on getting his room set up. Not that we are expecting him anytime soon, as I'm only 21 weeks, but I always feel better knowing that things are taken care of.

No comments: