Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Red, White & Blue

First let me thank everyone of you that took time out of your day to write, call or text a pitiful hormonal pregnant woman because of my blog yesterday. It really means a lot to me. I think we have figured out a way to get the retirement money early if I get my boss to okay it and it will cost $250.00 to do it. So we shall see. I have not had a chance to talk to him about it yet. But moving on to happier things.

Fourth of July is this weekend. Erica (the lady that keeps the girls) has been working with the girls about the what the flag stands for and why it is the way it is, coloring in red, white, and blue, and they have even been reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Josie can tell you that there are 50 stars on the flag which represents the 50 states and she is very proud that Alabama is one of them :) Some days she remembers that there 13 stripes but I don't think she quite grasps that they represent the original 13 colonies. She gets so excited every time she sees a flag. It is so neat watching her take all this in and being excited about it. So to show just how patriotic they really are, I painted the girls toes, red, white and blue.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

haha! That's cute!