Thursday, June 10, 2010

Quotes

I have been searching for a quote that we could put up in Joel's room. Since I am the last of everyone to have a boy all the good Bible quotes are gone, so I started searching other quotes. This is our favorite so far,

You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.

While searching for quotes I found some others about parenting that I wanted to share:

Parents often talk about the younger generation as if they didn't have anything to do with it. ~Haim Ginott

It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder and violence every single day should be avoided entirely, but the desire to beget children is a natural urge. ~Phyllis Diller

If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves. ~C.G. Jung, Integration of the Personality, 1939

Your children tell you casually years later what it would have killed you with worry to know at the time. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Whenever I held my newborn baby in my arms, I used to think that what I said and did to him could have an influence not only on him but on all whom he met, not only for a day or a month or a year, but for all eternity - a very challenging and exciting thought for a mother. ~Rose Kennedy


Changing subjects, I am 22 weeks today. It is so hard to believe that I am past the halfway point. I am still feeling good, however, he did get on a nerve or do something to a nerve last night that shot pain down my leg and tush. I was in so much pain I was crying as I tried to call Joe for him to come home to help me with the girls. I could not get him, so I called MeMaw and Paw-Paw, who were wonderful and came right over and did everything for me the rest of the night. Of course the girls didn't complain getting to spend extra time with their grandparents.

We received in the mail this week his mobile, diaper stacker, curtains, and extra fitted sheet. Joe was so good that he went ahead and put up the crib so that I could start putting it together. We should be getting the bedding in the next couple of weeks. The girls were asleep when we did this so the next morning I told them to go look at it. They were both so cute and got so excited to see parts of his room coming together. That was also the very first thing they had to show Memaw and Paw-Paw last night even though they both had their suits on and were ready to go swimming.
Photobucket

No comments: