Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the women out there. Even if you have never birthed a child you have influenced someone's life in some way or another.

We have had a crazy couple of weeks, but this should be a fairly slow one. Saturday, May 7th Sheila and I took our kids to the Wetumpka Airport for the Airport's fun day. If they had been 8 years old they could have rode in an airplane for free, but they we found other fun things for them to do. They got to ride a pony; they inspected a ton of airplanes; they got to watch the airplanes take off and land; they got to climb inside the basket of a hot air balloon; they got their pictures taken with the princesses, Woody from "Toy Story", Tinkerbell, and some Star Wars guy; they got to sit inside a State Trooper helicopter; and they got to eat popsicles from an ice-cream truck.
Inside the basket of a hot air balloon:









That evening we went to the kids favorite place: Bass Pro Shop!!

Sunday the kids and I went to church and then went to Other Mama and Pap-Paws for the day.

Wednesday I ended up taking Jolie back to the doctor because as soon as she went off her UTI/bladder infection medicine she started having accidents again. They put her on a very expensive medicine that is supposed to be stronger and said if this doesn't clear it up she will have to go see a urologist to see what is going on. She has been doing good since taking the medicine, however she is still have accidents at nap time which she wasn't doing before she got her UTI, so I'm not sure what that means.

Thursday we went over to MeMaw and Paw-Paws and celebrated mothers day with MeMaw.

Friday morning when I dropped off the girls I got my present that Jolie had made at school. It was a picture frame and inside was a picture of she and me:


I got my presents from Josie that she had made Friday afternoon when they got home. I got another frame with a picture of Josie and a handmade card. The week before at brush buddies she had decorated a potholder that had a butterfly on it with "Mom" written on it.

Joel's check up from his double ear infection was also Friday afternoon. His ears looked good and the boy weighed 22 and 1/2 pounds.

Saturday the kids and I went to Caden's game and then ran to Target. After Target we went home from naps. Joe got home a little after nap time and we put on our bathing suits and went outside to wash the car. Then we decided that the dogs needed a bath as well. That was fun. Browning (our weimaraner) is a big dog and it was not easy holding him down. That evening Ben and Joe worked on my van to see if they could fix some problems it has been having. It runs a tad better, but something is still wrong with it.

Sunday morning the kids gave me cards and this beatiful necklace (It has each of their names on it and then each of their birthstones)


I got breakfast in bed and then we got ready for church. After church they took me to the chinese buffet for lunch and we went home for naps. We lounged around the rest of the day. It was a great weekend enjoying our family.

It was a great Mothers Day and I treasured every second with all three of my kids. I feel so blessed that God chose me to be their mother. They enrich my life more than I will ever be able to tell them. They make me laugh and remind me to stop and appreciate the small things. All three are so loving, always telling us they love us and always giving hugs and kisses. We are so blessed. My cup runneth over.
Photobucket

No comments: