Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our Memorial Day Weekend

We had a fun and relaxing Memorial Day Weekend. Joe worked all weekend since Memorial Day weekend is Greenville's big tournament of the year. The kids actually went from Wednesday night till Saturday evening before they saw him.

Friday I picked up the kids and we went home and ate dinner then had a movie night. The girls love popcorn so this was a special treat for them. We watched Tangled and then we went to bed.

Saturday we had a family get together. The food was good and the family time was even better.







Sunday the kids and I did nothing all day. Going on my 4th day of having the kids by myself, I didn't have the energy to go out in public with them. They had been having some behavioral issues and I just didn't want to go to church just to be a mean old mama, so we stayed home. That evening when Joe got home Jolie and I finally got to go on a picnic that she had given me for Mother's Day. Her teacher had prepared a bag for each kid to do with their mother. It included a coloring sheet and crayons to color a picture together, crackers, juices, and some coupons for a bear hug. She was so excited to finally get to do it and it was really nice one-on-one time.

Yesterday the kids and I headed down to Greenville to see Joe at work. I just didn't want to be by myself on Memorial Day. Once there we decided that since we were halfway to his sister's house that we would go visit her. So, we drove down to Aunt Becca's house and had a great afternoon with her Angie.










Joel's top tooth has finally broke through, but this morning he woke up with a horrible cough. He sounded so pitiful and he broke my heart. I think his teeth bothering him aggrevated his ears which drained down, or he could just have a cold. Either way, he sounds and looks pitiful.

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: