Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Ben!

Today is my baby brother's birthday. I have so many fun memories of growing up with Ben. I remember teaching him how to blow bubbles with his gum, eating tuna fish and cheese on crackers with our aunt, trying to posion him with liquid potpourri (well not intentionally), the time he got his head stuck in the railings at my aunt's apartment, all the fun family vacation trips, the late night talks, him taking care of me when I had my mouth surgery or when I was sick, and the list could go on and on. Like all brothers there were times he drove me absolutely crazy and then there were times I loved him death. Last January we had to deal with something just he and I, and it showed me how much we have grown up and how much we can depend on each other when we need each other. Ben is an amazing man. He is a great father to his son, Tanner; he is an involved foster parent; he provides for his family; he is active in his church; and mostly imporantly (ha ha) my girls love their Uncle Ben. How many uncles would take their three year old niece on a four hour ride coming and going for a weekend in Florida? He always gives them the change in his pocket and Josie gets so excited to have her monies.

Me and Ben:


One Proud Daddy:


Ben I am so blessed to have you as my brother and for you to be a part of our family. We love you very much!

Photobucket

No comments: