Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stuff

I feel like this is going to be a scatter brained post. I have stuff from last week, stuff from this week, and then my own feelings about today. So I apologize, because I know this will have no flow or something that ties it all together.

Jolie has been having a rough two weeks. The week before last we took her to Pri-Med and found out she had an ear infection. Well we had to take her back again last week and found out that she then had a double ear infection. For those of you who know what strong antibiotics can do to a young child, bless her heart she has been going through that as well. For those of you that do not know, it upsets their stomachs very badly. Her little bottom is raw. She does not want to sit, she can not stand to sit down in the bathtub, and she just cries when we have to change her again. It has been absolute tortoure for Joe, Erica, and me to watch her going through this with us so limited in what we can do for her.

We had another uneventful weekend. We did our taxes and visited with Quint, Sheila, Caden & Ansleigh Saturday night. Sunday we had church. This week we are cleaning the house and getting everything ready for Josie's party on Saturday. She is very excited about it. Sunday evening we had run to Target and as we were walking past the card aisle she asked me if I had bought her birthday card yet. I told her no. Someone had given her a birthday card that morning in church so I guess that is where that came from. But who knows, she can come up with some crazy stuff.

Today has very special meaning to me. This is a day I looked forward to for nine long months. January 26th was Josie's due date. Four years ago I watched today come and go. The funny thing is I do not remember Lol's due date. I guess because I knew it really did not mean anything. We started the inducing process with Josie at 3:00 p.m. on January 30th and she was born at 7:15 p.m. on January 31st. I guess the date has stuck with me because we had tried so hard for Josie. We tried eight long months. I remember how happy Joe and I were and how sick I was for almost my entire pregnancy, but I especially remember her due date. I went to work like it was a normal day. I remember I went to Subway for lunch. I remember I ran into my high school principal that day.

Josie changed our lives. I never really understood the depth and truth of God's unconditional love until I had her. She has been an amazing person to watch grow. She is very much her mommy's girl. She loves to cuddle, sing, tell stories, write her letters and "do her homework." She loves spending time with her family and I think has almost everyone wrapped around her finger. She loves Jolie and is a wonderful big sister. A lot of times she gives into Lol so Lol will be happy. My heart swells with pride and love when I see her being such a big girl. God has blessed us so much with both of our girls and they are our world.
Photobucket

No comments: