Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Last Night's Adventure

Last Friday morning I spent 20 minutes on the phone with our pediatrician's office, to once again hear the same words: "You are doing everything right, this is normal, just keep trying." I wanted to scream at the lady. She did agree with me that this is not a phase, phases don't last a year and a half. She said Josie may just be one of those children that does not require as much sleep. She told me that the only thing that worked for her son was putting a movie on in his bedroom every night at bedtime. I told her I was willing to try. I told her if you tell me to give her coke at bedtime I would try it. So yesterday I spent the last $100.00 that was on my credit card to buy a TV for the girls' room. Joe was working late so I got it and the DVD player all setup on my own. Then came bedtime. The TV ended up keeping Jolie awake. (Jolie is one of those children that you lay down and leave alone. She will go to sleep on her own and prefers to be alone to sleep.) So then I had two awake little girls and no sleeping girls. It was at this point that I decided to put the girls in separate rooms again. I struggled and struggled to get the crib out of the room. I was going to put Jolie into what we call Grammy and Emmie's room. (We have a three bedroom, one bath house. My mom lives in PC and so we have a room that is setup for them when they come up and then we have the girls room.) Grammy and Emmie's bed is dirty from the dogs sleeping in there or I would have just put Josie in there for the night. Well I couldn't get the crib out of the room. I called Joe and asked how we got it in there to begin with, and he said we had to take it apart. So at this point I had to wait for him to get home from work until I could get the girls asleep. I tried to lay down with both of them in my bed, but Lol must be confined and left alone for her to go to sleep. Joe got home a little before 9:00 p.m. He got started immediately taking the bed apart. By the time he got the bed taken apart, into Grammmy & Emmie's room, and then put back together it was close to 10:00 p.m. We laid Lol down and she was out within a minute. I then laid down Josie and put the Little Mermaid in for her to watch. She was alseep within 10 minutes. However, I'm not sure if it was the movie or the fact that was 10:00 p.m. at night. Ughhhhhhhh. Now, tonight I have to go home and get both rooms like like bedrooms again. Toys are everywhere and the rooms are a mess in an effort to just get them to sleep last night. One day I really hope to have the house setup so that everyone has their place and space.

Changing subjects, yesterday Erica had somewhere she had to be in Wetumpka right at 5:00 p.m. so she dropped the girls off here with me at my office a little before 5:00p.m.. Josie got out of the car and ran straight for the door saying that she was going to work. It was so cute. She was so excited about "working" that she didn't even really say goodbye to Erica. She walked in and looked around and asked, "Where's him?" It was so cute. She was referring to my boss. She played with papers while I finished what I was doing and kept returning the magazines that Lol kept bringing to me. She was so cute and grown up.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Girl, I'm so sorry! I hope you can get her figured out soon with her sleeping habits. I know it is no fun at all.