Friday, March 13, 2009

Reminder/Tribute

Two posts in one day.

I was reading a friend's blog and came across this poem/writing. I have so many friends going through this right now and reading this made me cry. I felt the same way when we tried so hard for Josie for 8 months. Now that God has blessed us with two beatiful girls day to day life can be so overwhelming that I forget to truly appreciate my blessings. So I'm copying this as a reminder to us parents of the blessing that we have in having children and as a tribute to those who are going through this. I love you all!

To wake up in the morning, I need an alarm clock because there are no little ones to jump on my bed to wake me up.
I take my time getting ready in the morning, because I don't have anyone to dress but myself.
Instead of changing dirty diapers, I change a puppy pad.
Instead of preparing lunch for school, I pour fresh food and water for my dogs.
I have no clue what it's like to have a dryer full of little clothes that are "so aggravating" to fold.
My picture frames are filled with pictures of my nieces, nephews and friends' children becuase I haven't had an opportunity to capture the beauty in the faces of my own.
When I want to have a quiet moment, all I have to do is turn off the television.
When we go to church, we feel like the "outsiders" because everyone else has something in common.
I can't plan children, only "times" to try for them.
No, I don't know what labor pains feel like.
No, I don't know what it feels like to carry your world in your womb for nine months.
I've never heard "I love you, Mommy!"
I've never been up all night with a screaming baby but would give anything for it.

Photobucket

No comments: