Thursday, March 19, 2009

Why I love my new background

Birds have a special meaning to me. I'm not that crazy about holding them or owning one, but they just symoblize something in my life. My first memories of birds is when my grandfather would throw his gum out of the car window. I would fuss at him for littering and he would tell me that the birds would use it to build their nests. At some point in adulthood I threw out my gum in pap-pap fashion and Joe said something to me. I explained to him my pap-pap's explanation to which Joe quickly told me that the gum would get stuck in their beaks. Fast forward a couple of years. I'm a teenager in Montreat, North Carolina. Montreat is a Presbyterian college and also is where week long youth conferences are held during the summer. We were doing a laying on of hands outside. It was my turn to be the middle. I was down on my knees giving over all my angers and hurts to God. As I went back to sit down a bird came by and pooped on me. I just laughed. I saw it as a sign from God. The guy next to me wasn't as happy. I've had a few more incidents with birds over the years. Now, Josie has become concerned with them. Anytime we throw food out of the truck, she asks, "The birds will eat it." God used birds all throughout the Bible, mostly doves, but he also talks about how he feeds the birds, so why should we worry. And so sometimes God uses birds to talk to me.
Photobucket

No comments: